Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Doodleedoo


I'm working on an illustration right now that I didn't expect to like as much as I do now that it is almost finished.  One thing I've noticed about art is that no matter what attitude I go into it with I always end up emotionally involved with it at the end.  Same holds true now that I think about it with my last job animating.  Sometimes I would get some really interesting shots but sometimes it would just be close up after close up which can be a little hard to take.  Its tempting to have an "I just need to get this done attitude" but in the end I always ended up caring about the shot and its really the only way to be.  Once you stop caring about what you're doing there is really no reason to be doing it at all.  Truly you don't go into animation for the money so what else is there but satisfaction and pride in your work?

No comments:

Post a Comment