Monday, June 13, 2011

The Sherman Brothers

Please excuse me while I try to stop weeping on my keyboard.
I just watched the Sherman brothers documentary and it was soooooooo EMOTIONAL.  For those of you who don't know the Sherman brothers were responsible for basically every song that brings back special childhood memories.  Example: every song in Mary Poppins, Winnie the Pooh (you know the intro to the old ones...sigh) etc.
The story of the brothers themselves is quite sad.  Though they worked together for many decades they never got along and now that they don't work together they don't even talk.   So.  That is emotional.  Throw in songs that make me think of a simpler time and my bottom lip starts a quivering.... EMOTIONS!

Here they are, those wonderful brothers.  Let me just say thank you thank you thank you Sherman brothers.  I can't imagine a world where your music doesn't exist....


Seriously guys, look them up.

4 comments:

  1. will do!

    Ill watch it tonight.

    jriggity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks jriggity! Its on netflix :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite drawing of yours so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i saw it a while ago. It was kind of sad, especially how one of them moved to England. You got the impression he really wanted to just be a writer. Worth watching :)

    ReplyDelete